Postagem em destaque

YEAH, HOUSTON, WIR HABEN BÜCHER!

e ai que tenho três livros de autoria publicada que fiz praticamente tudo neles e vou fixar esse post aqui com os três pra download e todos...

domingo, 6 de maio de 2007

OUT OF THE CRADLE ENDLESSLY ROCKING

Hoka Hey!
Saudações!
Pra começo de conversa, eu ainda estou 100%!!!!
Só tô escrevendo pra celebrar o download do álbum Out Of The Cradle Endlessly Rocking, lançado em 1992, da banda holandesa BAMBIX, capitaneada pela vocalista, guitarrista e letrista Willia Van Houdt. O meu grande e venerável amigo, Jackson Siroteaux Reis da Silva, fez o favor de baixar [este álbum] pra mim no computador dele. Eu tô ouvindo ele direto, só hoje foram umas seis vezes.junto com o 1.039 / Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, do Green Day [do qual me rasguei em elogios na postagem anterior a esta, Vida Bandida! lendo MAD ao som de Green Day]. Agora só falta "downloadear" [eu adoro esse verbo!] o What's In A Name (lançado em 2000, que tem os petardos Beau, Julie e Annie [que está na postagem Aprendizado]) e o Crossing Common Borders / To Call A Spade A Spade. Na verdade, o Crossing Common Borders saiu em 1996, e, junto com ele, o primeiro EP da banda, o To Call A Spade A Spade, de 1992.
As músicas são do Out Of The Cradle Endless Rocking são, com todas as letras de Willia van Houdt:
01.Happy
02.Mr. Medicalman
03.Sunny Rainbow Hill
04.Me, I'm Hurt
05.Tribut To...
06.Hunting The Waves
07.Reality Or Fiction
08.Goodbye
09.Scapegoat
10.The Knight On The White Horse
11.Out Of The Cradle Endless Rocking
12.Give Me Hope
13.Talk Walk Down Memory Lane
14.Song For Karin




opa! acabou o download do Crossing Common Borders / To Call A Spade A Spade.
as músicas são Explain It, Cry-O-Surgery, X-Ray The Candy, Hello To Nothing, When Summer Falls Asleep, Bitchcraft, Invisible, The Girl Who Had The Blues, Mrs. B, Where Did I Go e The Golden Girl.
Aí estão as letras:
EXPLAIN IT
(letra e música de Willia van Houdt)
The smell is all around me
of the things I cannot buy
shiny and attractive
makes you wonder why
life is like a lottery
it already starts at birth
when you're not the chosen one
you'll end up in the dirt

Crying is forbidden
for those who are in need
can't give in to sickness,
for there are mouths to feed
it feels like amputation
to lose your goal in life
I want to run away and hide
and never come back again

The pink and yellow ladies
are holding their stomaches in
they can't stand seeing me
eating from a bin
they think I'm a shithead
begging for some food
well, he surely died on us
that present day Robin Hood

I've never seen the sea
I've never climbed a mountain
can someone please explain it
I've never found no God
I've never seen an angel
can someone please explain it

Already in the morning I'm defeated by the day.

CRY-O-SURGERY
(letra e música de Willia van Houdt)
I've got two bodies and a head, and a memory
I'm gonna fix them in a way that suits me
all I need, a freezer and a knife
and I'll revive the living dead
I once had a friend
who had a face like a rat
so I gave him a new head
now he's such a lovely lad

Cry-o-surgery is fun
and I don't think I'm the only one
who likes to put things where they belong?
Cry-o-surgery is fun
and I don't think i'm the only one?
who likes to put things in their place?
one day I will have changed the entire human race

Still, all I see angry faces looking down at me
because I can't help them all
I have to work so hard
creating Naomis out of old tarts
and make the short ones tall
Julie was so insecure
she got really depressed
so I gave her a new brain
she now thinks she's the best
but then her brains were lit
she got a bit too optimistc
she thought that she could fly
made others wonder why

Cry-o-surgery is fun

Sometimes I feel as if i'm God
or at least his maid
when I look at people I create
I play to win
by making Einsteins of the very dim
my job is so interesting

Only in the summertime
I can't be a hero
'cause I can only operate
at absolute zero.

X-RAY THE CANDY
(letra de Maniet Voets, música de Maniet Voets e Willia van Houdt)
Happy birthday to us all
we just broke another wall
in that picture, did we see
what we actually should be?
We tell stories of long gone
step by step, about everyone
who we love and who we hate

All we want is sympathy and apathy
just for start
what language does the wind speak
what country brings the rai
even the weather has its depressions

"Well, it's psychic, it's all inside
scream and shout, never hide
take slow but do it fast
the sooner you'll forget the past"

Is it really necessary to x-ray the candy?

"Just lie down and open up
I'll try to check you up
just relax and please go on
I'll tell you what went wrong
you've got one nose and two ears
a tongue that tells about your fears"
I'm surprised, it's clear to see that this is me

And all I want is happiness and steadiness
from now on
what colour does the lighting have
when will the storm begin
even the weather has its depressions

"Time is up, 'till next week
then there's more time for you to speak
take your pills, it's good for you
it leads you to another view"

Is it really necessary to x-ray the candy?

HELLO TO NOHTING
(letra de Maniet Voets, música de Willia van Houdt)
Together with you the sun was there
I thought that I'd just met my best friend
so much in love, I swallowed your alibis
didn't we see the italian movies between those sweet eyes

After the sun the blizzard came
often unable to pronounce my name
staring into the inane
fraking out but not on me
I got the could turkey for free

Tuesday 5 a.m. back from a mind excursion
and as always I got the extended version
the harder you yelled, the more right you thought you were
when i closed my ears, you were all in a stir

After the blizzard nothing came
I'm not interested in what you became
no I don't care
I'm working on a new debut
and try to scratch you fo my shoe

You're like a red flag to a bull
and engine without fuel
every world just crap to fill the gap
like a red flag to a bull
it's really nothing new
empty head without a vision
I don't consider it my mission
to help you along

Together with you the sun went down
not for long, because the best friends don't frown
so much in love, I didn't realize
that even a green light can be a red one in disguise

After nothing a new sun came
a clear sky out of the grey
will you please forget my name
and move out of my way.

WHEN SUMMER FALLS ASLEEP
(letra de Maniet Voets, música de Willia van Houdt)
I see you face up in the air
brings back times when you were there
you've never been away that long

I recall that hidden smile
I didn't know why I cried
'cause I would see you back at home
so why was I all alone?

All seasons weep
when summer falls asleep

On the table I put the plates
"Hey, why are you too late?
You know dinner's served at five"

I see the blue lights swing
and sirenes that sing
but I can't sing along
false notes prolong

Your eyes were closed
you mind far away resting for another shiny day
humor, spontanity, you impressed me
things you composed;
laughing matters which you loved the most
now a sign calls it all closed
and now I see just how much you meant to me

Oh, dear sunshine, he could be a butterfly
at least you should have let him try
Dear sunshine, will the good things stay?
if you believe in them every day.

BITCHRAFT
(letra e música de Willia van Houdt)
You give me a lifetime so I can be saved
I’d rather have some space to breathe
You hand me a whistle to draw attention
I’d rather have some ointment for my scars

They’ll let me burn on the stake
Pay for the mistakes I made
But I ride a bike, and not a broom
I don’t cry at the moon
Still I’ll be damned

They repeat the pattern again and again
Raise your voice and you’re forgotten
Will the world grow ripe enough
To outsmart all that is rotten

I don’t ridicule what’s Holy and good
I don’t put frogs in my soups
I want to be my own judge
And if that’s not enough
Then I’ll be damned

Don’t want to feel as if I’m down in a burrow
I’ll live my life as if there’s no tomorrow
Don’t pull the leash which you tied around my neck
I’ll still be the captain even if I clean the deck

Give me a lecture so I can learn
Give me a book to read
But don’t hand me a knife to draw attention
To what can’t be said with words

My fellow-sinners are all around
They won’t destroy your holy ground
I don’t like to eat ripped-out hearts
And I don’t have warts
Still I’ll be damned

INVISIBLE
(letra e música de Willia van Houdt)
Have you ever seen blue eyes fading to black
And a girl lying on the ground
Wounded by the insults
Scared for all the lies
Trying to hold on to the last straw?

The freedom of life
Is coming up to haunt you
The freedom of life
Is coming up so soon
Don’t you know
They’re dying like flies
The freedom of life
Is coming up so soon

They never listened to anything you said
Treated you like a fly on the wall
The code, more important
Than your cries, little girl
No attention paid to your hurts

Don’t you know on a false day
Her eyes restrained from the tension you put upon her
There’s no way, or so they say
They’re just lies, like the color of your eyes

Like a nightmare your quest will follow you
Although you try to break these thick white walls
What did you do, to feel so black and blue
Will they ever recognize you

THE GIRL WHO HAD THE BLUES
(letra e música de Willia van Houdt)
Gone to a far-off shore
Never heard about no more
A skeleton at the feast
Now the beauty then the beast
Good, better, best
Last station of a long quest
No more hopes and dreams
You just took French leave

Did you ever hear the news
About the girl who had the blues

How can pain feel so low
A heavy brick, it won’t go
You just closed the door
It never rains it only pours
You would go far indeed you did
You just addled my wits
Been in heaven and hell
A fart with a nasty smell

No more anger, no more pain
You left me standing in the rain
And I can’t see your point of view
No more self-effacing I will say
That every dog has his day
I no longer care what Mrs Grundy says

MRS B.
(letra e música de Willia van Houdt)
I’ve been slaving all day long
Making mock of me as if nothing’s wrong
It’s a curse, I’m a castaway
I’ve given all, nothing more to say

So tired, still no end
She placed her hand on her forehead
Wondered why, what’s it for
It’s a dead end
Mrs. B walks towards the door
You haven’t eaten anything, don’t you want some more?
Does she talk to herself or me
Contemporary slavery

She seems shrunken
And her face showed signs of her old age
Breakable bones
All alone without her family
They are waiting for the death of Mrs. B

Mrs. B keeps her son to herself
At least she tries to
When he married, it cause quite a stir
She hit him and her too

She wonders why no one calls
Since they got her number and all
It’ll be a relief to slowly drift away
No more waiting for the lonely days

Mrs. B says she’s all alone
Wondering if she’s safe in her home
Doesn’t care to come out because the kids
Might take her purse or blow her to bits

WHERE DID I GO
(letra de Maniet Voets, música de Willia van Houdt)
Hey, Mr Moon, tell me where did I
End up last night
Can’t remember anything
There’s nothing on my mind
I used to need a palace to keep my memories
Anywhere I pleased
Now I can’t see anything
And nothing clings to my ears

All my life, I’ve been running
All my life running from these days
And I can’t tell you why

No face that I recognize
Has it been so long, it goes on and on
Am I sick or dying
Or am I doing fine
Why can’t I look at the road
It makes no sound at all, crumbles and it falls
Did I sleep through summer and is it already fall

I take a look at the mirror
To the world of the past
I see my favorite show
And this crowd is the last

THE GOLDEN GIRL
(letra e música de Willia van Houdt)
Born on a Sunday, she was the golden girl
Twinkling eyes, shiny curls
Much too valuable, so they kept her in a cage
Their own rage reflected on her

Tell her no secrets, tell her lies
Hide the world and close her eyes
Don’t be sorry, be amused
Keep her world turning
Will she ever know the truth
About her distorted youth
Will she ever realize
That her world is burning

On a Sunday, she was the golden girl
Twinkling eyes, shiny curls
Much too troublesome, so they kept her in a cage
It’s the age, it’s over soon

It’s driving her insane
This line between love and hate
And I tried to make them see
That it was them, not me

Born on a Sunday, she was the golden girl
Pale blue eyes, dirty curls
So much weaker now, she couldn’t give no more
Didn’t need to lock the door anymore


é isso aí!
cuidem bem de vocês mesmos e até a próxima!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Você está em solo sagrado!
Agora entalhe com vossas garras na Árvore dos Registros e mostre a todos que virão que você esteve aqui!!!